Wednesday, April 13, 2005

wondering note.

Time can say nothing but I told you so,
Time only knows the price we have to pay;
If I could tell you, I would let you know.
If we should weep when clowns put on their show,
If we should stumble when musicians play,
Time can say nothing but I told you so.
There are no fortunes to be told, although
Because I love you more than I can say,
If I could tell you, I would let you know.
The winds must come from somewhere when they blow,
There must be reasons why the leaves decay;
Time can say nothing but I told you so.
Perhaps the roses really want to grow,
The vision seriously intends to stay;
If I could tell you, I would let you know.
Suppose the lions all get up and go,
And all the brooks and soldiers run away?
Time can say nothing but I told you so.
If I could tell you, I would let you know.
W.H.Auden
we human tend to build up a very strong defensive wall around us, it is hard for people around us to penetrate. we feel very secure behind this wall, secure and safe from the bad, cold and often cruel reality. more often than not,we tend to live in denial. we only see things that we want to see, we only hear things that we want to hear. we leave all the other "bad stuff" out side of the wall,so that we can go on this world another day without having to face all those ugly things that would spoil the "beauty" of living, yet, we still fuss about the point of living. we complain about this and that. never ever feel satisfied in anyway. pernah tak terfikir, that perhaps, those ugly things we left outside the wall is actually the key to actually see the beauty of living? Denial: friend ....or foe?
time can say nothing but i told u so, perhaps, time did try to show us the things that we are supose to see, but we chose not to, and sebab kedegilan kita, in the end,the only thing that time can say to us is, " i told u so." manusia tak pernah bersyukur dengan apa yang kita ada. kita selalu membandingkan apa yang kita ada dengan apa yang orang ada, we can'tjust simplylive with the fact that other people have somethingmore than us,be it interms of welth, popularity, looks, breast size, penis size, even in terms of problems, kita akan membanding, "ah,apa sangat dengan masalah dia tu, tengok aku nie,ada masalah macam ni pun boleh rileks lagi!" manusia tidak pernah bersyukur dengan apa yang mereka ada.
"tanya pada diri,mana letak budi,tanya pada akal,apa yang dibekal,tanya pada hati,sudahkah berisi, ingat pada janji, jangan dimungkiri...bumi,yang dipijak bak hamparan luas terbentang; langit, dijunjungi,melindungi awan tak bertepi."

No comments: